USB Transceiver | I/O Equipment
The USB transceiver (1.2″W x 0.5″H x 1.2″ D) will use any RS232 or RS485 I/O equipment with any USB port. All without a power supply or other parts (other than the cable).
Download our FREE set up software, select the comm. port set it for 8N1, XON/OFF, 300 to921.6KBPS, and connect the USB. The USB requires no external power since it draws it from the USB port and because the RS232 connectors match the existing PC DB9 (Male DB9)you can directly plug the USB to the DB9 on your equipment needing only one cable for the USB end.
For RS232: What you will need: 1 ea. DB9M to DB9F cable or extender (Digikey P/N AE-1020-ND) (TheUSB has DB9F). 1 ea. Mini-USB “Type B” cable4 position male (Digikey P/N AE13XX-ND, XX=Length).
For RS485: The RS485 version has screw terminal connectors(3). Half-duplex (automatic direction control) connects a 120 Ohm terminating resistor across terminals 1 & 2 on the First and Last unit in the bus. Use shielded twisted cable. Connect A to Pin 1, B to Pin 2, and ground to Pin 3.
1. Download our Free installation software and install it on your USB computer or other equipment.
2. Select comport and set it for 8N1, X-ON/X-OFF, and desired baud rate (300-921.6KBPS) on both ends.
3. Plug-In the USB side first, the LED on the USB will light up (power on), (Your PC will find the USB automatically), then the other end.
4. Confirm communications by sending messages from both ends.
WARNING: The USB has no casing. DO NOT DAMAGE PARTS AND AVOID ELECTRO-STATIC DISCHARGE!
- Upgrade legacy peripherals
- OTEK’s HI-Q and TR Series to USB
- Card Readers
- Games and instruments to USB
- OTEK’s Wireless Products to USB